Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Milestone: Napping in the Crib

Ellie is almost 14 weeks now (tomorrow) and took her first crib nap today. Up to now, she's only napped in arms, swings, bouncy seats, and carseats. She has always woken up the minute I try to lay her down. Always. So, I'm pretty stoked and hope she'll do an afternoon nap too. Once we get this trick down, maybe we can get on a nap schedule before our next doctor's appointment so I don't have to "disappoint" Dr. L.

Another good sign was that two nights ago, I was able to lay her down for the night semi-drowsy and she made her way to sleep on her own. I've started reading Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, but I'm hoping we can figure this out before I get to the end of it.

Also, I developed a cold Sunday afternoon and am hoping that it passes quickly. I've always been able to treat myself before and doing this without sudafed is definitely not for sissies.  I feel a little better than yesterday, so hopefully I'm on the road to recovery. Ellie has been eating and sleeping more than usual, so maybe she's trying to fight off infection too. So far, she doesn't share any of my symptoms. We are due to go to Texas soon and I really don't want to do it with a sick baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment