Friday, November 11, 2011

Sick of Sickness

Wednesday, Ellie woke up with a sinus infection. She has been super snotty and a bit clingy since. She doesn't want to sit on the potty. She has had very little appetite for solids, and she's started snack-nursing. Combined with that, she's been more clumsy than usual as she tries to be more independent. She can crawl, although mostly she doesn't try. She did a couple face-plants this morning trying to get the dogs again. The second time was on a block, so she lost interest in crawling pretty fast after that. Now, she has an "L" shaped bruise on her cheek. It goes great with the scabs from her scraggly little nails rubbing her face in her sleep. (She has had a manicure–very much against her will–since.) She is also getting in a couple of molars, so she has been drooling pretty heavily at times. Our normally sunny child is frequently crabby and demanding now. She does well if I keep her in the sling, but my back really doesn't want to do that, so I keep it for when I'm at the end of my rope or when we have to run errands. To top it off, P developed a tickle on Wednesday and woke up with the flu on Thursday. So far, he's missed two days of work. I'm glad Ellie and I got flu vaccinations earlier this fall, because I don't know if I could keep sane if we were all sick at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment