Monday, January 16, 2012

It's a Scream!

So, Ellie has decided she doesn't want to nap. Ever. She has taken to violently protesting every time we put her down to sleep even if she was about to pass out right before she gets to her crib. It's kind of nerve-wracking because the two things I cannot stand are vomit and screaming. I've been fortunate on the first thus far. I was hoping the screaming jags would have passed by now as most of her phases are pretty short. However, I think we're still on the upswing of this particular bell curve. Yesterday she took her morning nap no problem. But, she would NOT nap in the PM. Then, it took her 2 hours to fall asleep last night. Now (for morning nap), she is standing in her crib staring at the door alternately screaming bloody murder and just resting her chin on the rail (or chewing it, I'll have to remember to look). At this point, I think we're starting to see the results of compounded over-tiredness. I cannot wait for this to pass.

Tomorrow, Ellie has a play date. I'm excited for the change in routine and to see how she interacts with another baby at about her level. She hasn't really had the opportunity since she has started being mobile. Of course, there is a strong possibility that she'll be a clingy grump-puss if she doesn't get good sleep today. Cross your fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment