Tuesday, January 11, 2011

6 Weeks

Yesterday was my 6 week postpartum appointment. We met with the midwife and she assured me that I was in good shape. I'm cleared to go back to the Y. (Now, I just have to work up the motivation and figure out when to go.) She removed a few remaining suture bits and complimented us on doing a good job with Ellie. Apparently word from the delivering OB was that I labored well. I think that means I didn't cry, curse, berate my husband, or whine and just got the kid out as quickly as I was able.

I still have a pouch and have to wear my bigger maternity pants or stretchy pre-pregnancy pants. I'm at about 23 pounds over "normal". For a while there I was freaking out about my rapid weight loss. But, I've been getting better at squeezing in meals, so that's slowed to the 1-2 pounds a week that they told me was healthy. I'm beginning to wonder if my hips will shrink back down or if I'm permanently moving up a size or two. I'm considering purchasing a couple pairs of normal jeans in a larger size because I think it's going to be a while. And, I'm getting a little tired of hitching up my pants every time I wear the maternity jeans. I long for a belt, silly as it is.

Ellie is growing. Sometimes it seems quickly and then other times P or I will pick her up and just marvel at how small she still is. While changing her diaper yesterday, P made the comment that she had a butt crack finally. What he really meant is that she has buns. It's happening so gradually that sometimes it just hits us that her face is chubbier or her legs are almost getting plump. She's grown in length for sure because some of her newborn sleepers are too short now. Of course there are still a lot of 0-3 month clothes that just swim on her still too. It's amazing how much variation in sizes there is from one manufacturer to the next.

Dad loves Ellie's sneezers

Looking alert and cheeky

"Dad, how long is this photo session going to last?"

Lizard tongue
A little less lizard tongue (ie. feed me)


Why are her yawns contagious, but she is impervious to the contagion of other yawns?

Chilling out with Zeuser on the lookout

     
Zeus wishing he was ANYwhere else

Also, last night, we went to the Subaru dealer to test drive Outbacks. Because they had the vehicle I was looking for and their trade-in offer on the Prius was reasonable, we ended up bringing the car home. So, now we need to come up with a name for the new Mommy-mobile and I need to figure out if there is a way to park it in the garage so that you can still walk around it with a carseat AND are far enough forward to open the back hatch. I also have to go through the surprising amount of garbage from all the nooks and crannies in the Prius to decide how much should be thrown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment