Friday, May 13, 2011

Rolling On

We're just a couple weeks from Ellie's 6 month doctor visit, so I figured I should probably check in before then. We've gotten our photos back and even the ones we ordered came in. I'm not entirely happy with them. For as much as I shelled out, I feel they should have better focus, or could have smoothed out some of the worst of my sun damaged skin. The studio didn't provide digital files, so you'll have to go online in the next three weeks to see them. (Although I'm including screenshots of two of my favorites.) The next set, Ellie should be on her own sitting or rolling around, and I have a different photographer in mind already.




Since my last post, Ellie has become a pro roller. She seems to delight in her trick now. She hasn't tried to roll off the changing table yet, but I'm sure she will in the next week or so. I'll post a video soon.

Naps are kind of stalled out. She'll take a long one every now and then – usually in the afternoon. But, most of her naps are right at 30 minutes. Which, makes it challenging for me to get anything done in the interim. Not to mention, she's not getting "good" sleep. She's going to sleep faster, which also cuts down on useful time. However, she's been waking up "nice" so she rolls around and talks to herself  for 10-20 minutes, so I usually have time to finish up whatever I'm working on (breakfast, cooking, watering the plants, etc). I got on Amazon last night and bought a pile of reading about starting solids, naps, and early potty-training. Apparently, 6 months isn't too young to start making her aware of her eliminations. We already call attention to her pooping since it's very obvious, but she's a stealth pee-er, so I'm not sure how that'll work. I'm waiting another couple of weeks to start her with some brown rice cereal, but I'll read the new book first. She has been showing interest in food. She tried to divert my oatmeal spoon the other morning. And, I gave her a baby spoon to play with and mocked feeding her, so she seemed to get the concept.

She's also starting to get interested in the animals. And, yesterday, she sat up and semi-supported herself with her hands. And, she's gotten to really enjoy her time in the jumpy even though she can barely touch the ground with feet.




She's been going through a growth spurt lately, so you may or may not be able to tell that her face is really filling out. Her dimples are much more noticeable when she smiles now. And, her knees actually have rolls!


No comments:

Post a Comment