Friday, June 4, 2010

Yoga Mama

So this afternoon, I finally viewed the Shiva Rea "Safe & Effective Prenatal Practice" Yoga dvd I've been sitting on for a while. It had fairly decent reviews. I like that it has "models" for each trimester and doesn't waste time explaining positions. She does use a lot of props; blankets, straps, blocks, chairs, etc. It's also broken into smaller segments, but I'll probably do it as one big 50 minute chunk. A few other suggested dvds were, "Yoga Journal and Lamaze Present: Yoga for Your Pregnancy" and "Crunch Yoga Mama - Prenatal Yoga". Both are much shorter, but supposedly a little more challenging, although the Yoga Journal one reportedly has more explanation about the poses. So, I guess I'll start with the one I have and see if I can insert it to my already crammed routine and investigate the others if I start to get bored. There's also a "donations only" yoga class at the local arboretum Saturday mornings starting tomorrow, so I'll try that out if I can get motivated enough. I've taken classes from this teacher before, so I know she'll show modifications for pregnancy if I catch her before class.

No comments:

Post a Comment