Sunday, July 25, 2010

Choosing a Seat

Yesterday, my MiL and I went to the baby mecca Babies R Us. Mostly, I was just interested in finding a Snoogle pillow. I've been trying to sleep on my left side, but I keep waking up on my back. So, I figured the Snoogle might make it more difficult to do that. (After one night of use, it does seem to help.) However, while we were there, we looked up a few of the items on the registry to see if I could check some of them out in person. Unfortunately, a lot of the bigger items weren't available in the store. So, for the infant seat, high chair, and stroller I'm required to rely on other people's reviews. I have used a friend's BOB stroller and it was very nice to maneuver. And, I did get to sit in the glider options. I decided to register for one of the chairs there (instead of the one at Land of Nod), although you're only allowed to register for the in-stock fabric. I preferred the coffee velvet for it's versatility down the road, but the stocked oatmeal chenille is very nice and super soft too.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma choosing a high chair. I realize it'll be almost a year before I need one, but I'm still looking. I had picked out the Tripp Trapp, but my mom told me about a different model, the HiLo, that is also pretty versatile and a slight bit less expensive. The primary differences are that the Tripp Trapp has no tray and can seat a baby to an adult. The HiLo has a tray and only two seating options, high chair or booster. If anyone has opinions, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment