Sunday, July 18, 2010

Food for Thought

I'll keep this brief so I can get to bed at a reasonable hour. I find I've been sleeping later, so I'm trying to get to bed earlier.

Ultrasound. For those of you wondering, our appointment was moved to this week. The tech called in sick on Wednesday. And, if he/she had the 24 hour flu that I've heard is going around, then I'm glad to reschedule. A few coworkers have had it, and I will gladly skip that malady.

P found a podcast on iTunes because he did a lot of driving this weekend to pick up his dad from a bike ride. I've listened to a couple episodes of "Progressive Parenting" and am already disappointed that they seem to have discontinued posting new episodes. However, based on the website, the show is still on the radio in Fresno, so maybe I can find newer episodes. One of the episodes talked about needing to be your own informed advocate in the delivery room because of some of the convenience issues (induction and c-sections) associated with modern delivery. Two of the main concerns are drastic increase in c-sections and inductions since 1990 to result in a more convenient schedule for overworked OBs and one of the primary drugs used in inductions which is not FDA approved for use in pregnant women. One of the speakers (Mansard Wagner) has a couple of books, one of which (Born in the USA) I've already downloaded to my phone for further reading.

Needless to say, I already have a few questions for my OB for our next appointment. I hope he doesn't disappoint because I really don't want to have to look for alternate healthcare. However, I also don't want my delivery to be any more stressful than it needs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment