Sunday, July 11, 2010

Nursery Decor

Friday, I made the mistake of picking up the CB2 and Crate and Barrel catalogs to flip through. Nursery decor was on my mind because one of my coworkers had sent me a link with ideas for frugal design. It seems that we're trucking right along toward our due date, so I feel the need to start preparing a little more.

Although the room is relatively small, it seems you can "spend" a lot while planning to outfit it. We've got the major furniture planned due to P's designs, so I picked out a few accessories that while individually reasonable, added up as a group. I'm working on ideas to creatively recreate the look without spending all the cash. I made a trip to Hobby Lobby yesterday for some supplies for a mobile and wall art. For about $30, I think we can knock off the $200 I could have spent. I'll see if I can talk P into helping me with some of the prep. We'll post the results later.

Right now, I'm leaning toward a brighter palette than the green, white and neutral browns I was planning before. Crate and Barrel's seasonal palette is green (clover or olive), peacock blue, and poppy orange. I'm thinking I'll use the existing green walls (see previous post) and accent with the blue and orange. Should make for a vibrant but not overly busy room for Potus.

No comments:

Post a Comment