Monday, October 25, 2010

Eau de Bebe

Friday and Saturday, P and I went to snag most of the finishing touches from the Target and Babies R Us registries. Included were a couple bottles of HE Dreft. So, Sunday, I started washing baby clothes, blankets, bedding, diapers, etc. You wouldn't believe how many hang tags and connecting plastic tabs they use on those things. All those cunningly folded baby towels that seem to fold just right to show off the cute little animal hood are held in place by about 80 little plastic tags. And, this being a sensitive little baby, you really want to find all the little ends as you cut them off. Apparently, I got a little tunnel vision because as I moved the second load from the washer to the dryer, I noticed a few of the sticky tags like they put on blue jeans at the bottom of the the washer. Since Potus' stuff was monopolizing the laundry room, I decided to throw a few of my things in with a load. As I sit here, I wear a robe that is just oozing baby smell. So, now I know that you CAN bottle that baby scent. Personally, it's making me a little nauseous, so once we use the 120 loads or so of Dreft, I may try to seek out an unscented alternative.

Yesterday, I also went in search of nursing bras to try on. Despite the fact that there should be 100 or more nursing women at any one time in our little community, it appears there are only a couple options locally to try on. JC Penney's is the only store option and they have done their level best to hide their paltry selection of nursing bras and maternity clothes. So, it looks as though I'm back to playing Russian Roulette with non-returnable merchandise on the Interwebs. Cross your fingers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment