Friday, October 22, 2010

Surprise!

So, today was the day my office decided to throw a surprise going away/baby shower. I knew something was coming, but figured they'd put it off for a while. It kicked off with a rendition of "Take this job and shove it". I came out of an impromptu meeting and was greeted by a huge spread of food and most of the office staring at me. I thought I was just supposed to go to lunch with D, but it turns out that was a ruse so that I didn't head home for lunch at the crack of noon.

A Flaming Astro Weenie Pineapple by coworker Jake. He's only been talking about making one for 3+ years. He apparently just needed the proper motivation to get around to it.
I filled a plate to overflowing and when done, was instructed to open the gifts which consisted of a few smaller packages and a really large box. The theme was apparently feeding baby as the gifts included a couple freezer trays for baby food, spoons, bowls with handy suction cups, a cookbook, bibs, and in the big box, a Boon highchair. P even showed up to throw some barbs back at Jake and help get the highchair into my car.

Thank you coworkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment