Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Week 32

Today marks 32 weeks. The crib and changing table are now upstairs. P has a couple minor adjustments to make to the crib and then we can start putting it together. I finally started painting the mobile and abacus wall art. Hopefully, this weekend I'll get those finished and hung. The baby shower is Saturday, although I've heard from several people that they won't be attending. I'm beginning to think it could have been held at a smaller location. But, I'm not super surprised, it seems to be a family trait, low party turnout.

Healthwise, I'm still feeling good. I feel like my speed keeps going down each week in direct proportion to my weight. I'll be at a turtle crawl before long. As of yesterday, my weight gain was 33 pounds which positions me to be a little above the recommended 25-35 pound gain. However, people still keep telling me I'm small for this far along, so I guess it's all relative. Back pain started up late last week, but I find if I rest or move around, it's not as bad. Sitting all day (as my job requires) seems to aggravate my posture and makes it impossible to think about anything else. I've grown an appreciation for naps when I can get them. An hour laying down actually refreshes me instead of making me cranky like it used to.

Had a conversation last night with a friend. She had good things to say about the local La Leche League, which I plan to start going to this month. Apparently they are the model for all La Leche groups in the region. This friend was also excited to see via our registries that I'm going to try cloth diapering. My mom used it on all of us, at least at home, so I figured I'd try the same. However, cloth diapers have changed significantly in the last 20 years or so. There's all these proprietary "systems". So, after reading the amazon reviews, I decided on Fuzzibunz (they all have goofy names) since they were repeatedly referred to as having above average absorbency which is especially good in the beginning when most elimination is of the non-solid variety. Our friend, S, also recommended Rumparooz. I may order a couple samples to try. Or, I found this store, Granola Babies, that offers a 14 day trial of several different brands for a deposit and $25.

The kicker for all this talk of cloth diapers is that DH (Dear Husband, as all the forum users abbreviate) absolutely positively refuses to use any cloth diapering. And, it looks like he may be digging his heels in on this one. He seems to think they'll be a huge hassle. Perhaps he'll change his tune after we have to buy a few cases of Pampers. However, if anyone out there feels the urge to try to change his mind, have at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment