Friday, October 1, 2010

A Little Pampering

Wednesday, I broke down and got a pedicure for the first time in a very long time. A new salon opened up on the north end of town. It appears to be run by several young Vietnamese men. The people watching was entertaining. There was a group of 4 flirtatious women who kept up a running dialogue with a couple of the techs. The men kept changing their stories as far as whether they were single or not. It made for some good-natured banter that was more fun than the news.

The pedicure was pretty nice too. It came with a full foot and calf massage/exfoliation. I had a little trouble understanding my tech, but did manage to get that he was recently of San Jose, California and was apprehensive of the winter. I could identify, but didn't really have any words of wisdom to offer. You just have to get used to it, really.

I missed a key step in the pedicure process though. Apparently, you are supposed to pick a color first thing when you get there. I neglected that step and then compromised by picking one of the cast-offs from the work table adjacent to me. It looked red, but must have been blood red, because  after two coats dried, it was scab color. It seems to be a popular color for fall, but I still would have preferred something a bit brighter. Other than that, I was happy with my investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment